Position Title: Office Intern
Employer: Bethesda Green
Location: 4825 Cordell Avenue, Bethesda MD 20814
Summary: The Bethesda Green Office Intern is a general position possibly taken by more than one person. The Intern(s) help manage the day-to-day operations of Bethesda Green, including database management, reception, display and information upkeep, supporting events, education programs, outreach and marketing. The Office Intern will report directly to the Director of Communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
General administrative support
- Serve as first point of contact for visitors and requests for general information (telephone answering and reception).
- Manage database and data entry, coordinating mass email.
- Introduce visitors to Education Center displays.
- Office management, such as stock and order brochures / collateral for Education Center, ordering office supplies, copying, printing, watering plants, etc.
- Make minor updates and corrections to the website.
- Coordinate incoming volunteer inquiries.
- Maintain records of volunteer program, i.e. log hours.
- Filing and record-keeping (maintaining / organizing online “cloud” file system).
- Event support such as scheduling, coordination, registration, name badges, disseminating information, etc. (coordinate with Director of Communications).
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Highly organized, self-motivated, able to perform with minimal supervision
- Computer proficiency with Word, Excel, database and web applications
- Good with people of diverse backgrounds
- Good team player, positive attitude
- Strong commitment or interest in the environmental movement Special Requirements
- Able to attend occasional evening and weekend events
For more information, or to apply, contact: Dave Heffernan, Communications Director, Bethesda Green - firstname.lastname@example.org or 240-396-2440 x-102