Position Title: Publishing Intern
4GreenPs is an award-winning strategic marketing firm that connects green brands with mainstream consumers and creates sustainability communications programs for leading companies. Learn more at: www.4GreenPs.com.
Type of Internship: School credit OR minimum wage
Location: 4825 Cordell Avenue, Second Floor at Bethesda Green, Bethesda, MD 20814
Position Description: Publishing Intern will work closely with the business owner to:
- Evaluate the many offers received for guest posting spots (e.g. figure out which are best to take based on readership statistics and other factors), develop editorial calendar and repurpose content from large content repository, choose past posts to contribute and package/submit, develop and implement strategy to have Technorati re-instate rating.
- Build business model for popular blog: develop criteria for ad acceptance and evaluate offers received for ads/sponsorships; develop a business model that estimates time needed to manage ads, opportunities to outsource and associated costs and revenue potential.
- Determine costs and timeline necessary to revamp website design to maximize identified opportunities and to better showcase large content repository.
- Update editorial strategy.
NOTE: Potential exists to split this publishing internship into one or more internships, focused on business model vs. design vs. editorial.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes/skills:
- Experience with social media and WordPress (required);
- Excellent research, writing, and editing skills;
- Flair for design;
- Good business judgment;
- Interest in sustainability, organic foods, and green business;
- Attention to detail;
- A good sense of humor;
- Availability for work beginning in June;
- Willingness to switch direction as necessary and be a bit of a jack of all trades.
Requested Start Date: Availability for work beginning in June, with the potential to start immediately.
Hours per week: 5 to 10
Duration: Potential to continue through fall as mutually desired.
Contact: Lynn Miller, lynn (at) 4greenps.com or 301-529-2403