Position Title: Accounting and Operations Intern
4GreenPs is an award-winning strategic marketing firm that connects green brands with mainstream consumers and creates sustainability communications programs for leading companies. Learn more at: www.4GreenPs.com.
Type of Internship: Earn school credit OR minimum wage
Location: Bethesda Green, 4825 Cordell Avenue, Bethesda MD 20814
Position Description: Accounting & Operations Intern will work closely with the business owner to:
- Develop financial statements for the firm.
- Determine best roadmap for 4GreenPs as it relates to various women-owned business certifications (e.g. WOSB/WBENC), lead application process.
- Evaluate best cash management/line of credit programs.
- Contribute to financial and operations section of company’s business plan.
- Find opportunities for savings.
This is an ideal position for someone with solid financial skills looking to transition to the green sector and/or to learn about the ins and outs of running a small business.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes/skills:
- Undergraduate degree, MBA students preferred
- Experience as public company staff accountant or accounting firm experience.
- Prior experience assembling financial statements.
- Interest in renewable energy, sustainability, organic foods, and green business.
- Attention to detail but with a good sense of the big picture.
- A good sense of humor.
- Ability to negotiate typical entrepreneurial challenges.
- Willingness to switch direction as necessary and be a bit of jack of all trades.
Requested Start Date: Availability for work beginning in June, with the potential to start immediately.
Hours per week: 10
Duration: Potential to continue through fall as mutually desired.
Name: Lynn Anne Miller
Email: lynn at 4greenps dot com
Phone: 301 529 2403