Bethesda Green Business Incubator
The Bethesda Green incubator was founded in Fall 2009 to complement Bethesda Green’s mission through the creation and support of companies that will contribute to our dynamic sustainable community. Like all incubators, ours is intended to provide resources and services that will increase the likelihood of entrepreneurs’ chances of success. What defines and differentiates our incubator is its focus on creating and growing companies that offer products and services that improve our environment and promote energy efficiency.
There are many benefits of the Bethesda Green incubator to the Montgomery County community:
- Creation of jobs, wealth and added tax revenues to the local economy
- Diversification of the local and regional economy to become a center of new green business development
- Enhancing the development and commercialization of new clean technologies
- Encouraging green entrepreneurship in new businesses and green intrapreneurship in existing businesses
- Melding green entrepreneurship into the larger fabric of economic and community sustainability through partnerships with government, nonprofit organizations and private companies
- Providing educational opportunities to strengthen local businesses and encourage community building
For young companies wishing to become affiliated with the Bethesda Green incubator, there are many benefits:
- Provision of affordable space and shared expenses (equipment, training, rent, utilities, maintenance etc.) for participants.
- Networking and collaboration among fellow incubator entrepreneurs who share common values and goals
- Affiliation with the County’s innovation network of five incubators
- Marketing assistance through Bethesda Green’s website and other promotions
- Advice from Bethesda Green incubator staff
- Access to business services from outside experts
The Bethesda Green incubator works closely with Montgomery County’s Department of Economic Development to promote the creation, expansion, attraction and retention of businesses with a focus on environmentally sustainable technologies, products and services. We work together and leverage Montgomery County’s strengths to create a green industry cluster that will generate economic, environmental and social value for the County’s businesses, residents and the region.
Joining the Incubator
We urge entrepreneurs who share our vision to consider applying for admission to our incubator. Due to limited space, we only select companies that have a well developed and feasible business idea, a mission aligned with Bethesda Green, and the potential to have the greatest impact on the community and contribute to creating a vibrant ‘green’ sustainable business cluster.
The types of companies we seek to attract for incubation are:
- Green, socially responsible, sustainable companies that have a positive impact on our community
- small local companies
- Larger green companies with a local presence
- Both for-profit companies and non-profit organizations
- Companies from diverse sectors including software development, finance, technology, architecture, consulting and distribution
- Companies addressing a myriad of issues including energy efficiency, green transportation, planning, design, neighborhood revitalization, recycling
The Bethesda Green business incubator is located on the second floor of Capital One Bank, 4825 Cordell Avenue. The incubator is part of the Bethesda Green Education Center, a focal point for sustainable solutions in Montgomery County. Currently, the Bethesda Green incubator offers part-time and full-time office space for companies, as well as conference room, copier and mailbox services. All companies benefit equally from professional support and the vibrant collaborative environment in the incubator.
In order to be admitted to the Bethesda Green incubator, please submit the Bethesda Green Participant Application Form and a current business plan. Companies may be asked to make a presentation to an Advisory team. The team will consider applicants for inclusion in the incubator network and take into account the presentation, application, business plan and any other pertinent factors.
For more information about the Bethesda Green incubator, including the participant application form, a full list of incubation services, admissions criteria, business plan outline and membership fees, please contact Incubator Manager Robert Snyder, firstname.lastname@example.org
, or call 240-396-2440 x103.